Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Eisley Mae

Sweet Eisley Mae was born one week ago today, June 24th 2013. She weight 7lbs 1oz and was 19.5 inches long. So far she has been the most easy going and content newborn we have had. We are so grateful for her.

On the morning of her arrival we headed to the hospital at 5:30am to get checked in and ready for surgery. I did not sleep at all the night before. I was just so ready to get started. I was happy to see that we were in an actual room this time before and after surgery as opposed to the surgery holding area last time. (i don't really now the right term for that but whatever..a small "room" with a curtain). We got started with paper work and hooking up the monitors and then getting an I.V. in this. Crazy as it sounds, getting the I.V. started was what I was dreading most about the morning. Not because hurts or because I have a needle phobia but because I passed out last time they did for Tucker's delivery and I knew I would likely pass out again this time. I just hate that feeling of passing out. Unfortunately, I am familiar with it and as predicted, it happened again. I didn't black out completely this time so that's a plus! It didn't seem like long before it was time to head to the O.R. I didn't feel nervous at all which was a huge blessing but that O.R. is freezing and the minute I walk in there I always start shaking. The got the spinal in (and I am always surprised by how it doesn't hurt) and things got started around 7:15. Eisley was born at 7:40am and came out screaming. I was so happy to see that they kept her in the O.R. with me the whole time and she went straight to recovery with me as well and we were never separated. They were even able to do her bath in the recovery room which was a wonderful change from last time.

The recovery so far has been pretty similar to recovering after Tucker. I am finding that I am in a little more pain at this point than I was then but I think that's mostly due to moving around more and sitting less. The kids love their baby sister. Tucker can't keep himself from kissing her and pointing and saying "baby!" when she is around. Abbey loves her and keeps asking to play with her, dress her up, paint her nails and draw pictures for her. Gregg's parents were in town the week Eisley was born and stayed with kids while we were in the hospital. It was so wonderful to have them here and the kids had so much fun. The hardest part for me so far (pain aside) has been not being able to take care of Tucker or pick him up. I miss him so much and can't wait until I am healed well enough to take care of him and play with him again. He is spending some time at my parent's this week and will be back Friday.

Eisley has been a wondeful baby so far. I mean, it's kind of ridiculous how great she has been and I'm sorta scared to talk about it. She has been sleeping for 4 hr stretches at night and I usually have to wake her up to feed her. I have found that if I let her go past 4 hrs she just wakes up too hungry and has hard time getting full/content. She has yet to really cry but just lets out a random yell when she is hungry or has a dirty diaper. She looks less like Gregg than her siblings and less like her siblings than I expected. We love her so much and I still cannot believe we had another baby.

No comments: