Friday, October 26, 2012

mom wear

i feel like i should point out that taking a picture of yourself is super awkward. i would also like to point out that everything i am wearing is at least 3 years old. also, i don't know way my face has to be weird in every picture i take. maybe that is just how my face always looks?


a few weeks ago, i pulled my jeans out from the boxes in our closet. i am not really a jeans person. i don't find them to be comfortable and i certainly will not wear them in the summer. will not. way to hot.  but it seems to be that time of the year again when i can tolerate jeans. last fall/winter i didn't really get wear most of my jeans because tucker had just been born and i am not one of those women whose stomach magically shrinks the minute their baby leaves it. i was pretty excited to pull out my jeans and try them all on to find that they all fit and some are even a little loose.  i even decided to wear a pair one day last week. gregg came home and looked at me and said "whoa..you are wearing jeans! how weird."

the funny thing about my excitement to be able to wear this particular pair of jeans is that they are a pair i bought after having abbey. i remember being super bummed that they were a size bigger than my pre-baby jeans and feeling a little down about myself every time i wore them. i would like to say that part of myself that obsesses over my weight and size has died, but unfortunately, it still likes to come back around every now and then. i will say, that with each pregnancy it has died a little more. who knows, maybe after the 3rd baby it will be gone for good :)

1 comment:

Leah said...

Hahaha, I was telling my friend that the other day.. she is still trying to lose baby weight from #1, and I was like, "Girl, I don't know, I've kind of given up on that." I mean for real. And I think you look pretty in pictures! What do you mean your face looks funny? I think that's just you, but I totally understand...