Wednesday, January 12, 2011

when trying to fall asleep tonight i found myself suddenly consumed with worry and fear about a particular circumstance-or rather possible circumstance. i ended up getting up and finding my way to the computer and searching out the various posts on "fear" that i have seen a blog i frequently read. this quote from a sermon stuck out to me and i thought i'd share it here.


you can find the original post here.

"Here's a principle to keep in mind: The promises of god are as real as the circumstances you are in. Your circumstances say "God has forgotten you." Your circumstances say, "I look for God, and just when I need God to come through for me, God doesn't seem to be any place." That's what your circumstances say. The promise of God says, "I will not leave you. I will never forsake you." And that promise is just as real as the circumstances you are in. And so by faith, we look beyond our circumstances and we look to the promises of God." - Jerry Bridges; sermon "Trusting God".


sometimes i struggle to remember that despite any circumstance present or any circumstance to come-God remains sovereign and good. He is not made inadequate or incapable by the situations that cause me to feel inadequate or incapable, rather his "power is made perfect in weakness" (2 cor 2:9).  while things may still be hard and scary, there is a great great comfort and hope found in that truth.

1 comment:

Nellie said...

I needed to hear that today. Thanks for sharing!