Saturday, November 13, 2010

day 5: my parents

truthfully, my parents aren't going to get the post they deserve because i am not really in the mood to write much. but here it goes..


these are my parents, robert and vicki. they met when my mom's family moved to, what would become, my hometown when they were both 15. my dad swears he remembers seeing my mom walk into school the first day wearing white pants and knowing he was going to marry her. jury's still out on if that's true or not :) so they started dating at 15, got married at 19 and started their family with me when they were 21. once i was in the picture, my mom left her job at a bank and never went back. my dad attended 2 years of a technical college and has had a very successful career working his way up in the IT/networking industry. for the majority of my childhood my dad was the pastor of our small town church. i have been immensely blessed to have always known God's truth and His great love for me for as long as i can remember. not one day of my life has gone by without seeing and hearing that truth from my parents. i do not believe there is any greater gift they could have given my siblings and myself.

No comments: