so far we have:
- went for a drive to see christmas lights (big hit and we will definitely do it again)
- made aunt emily a christmas card (that i have yet to mail..i'm waiting to get some photos printed)
- made christmas cookies and delivered them to a friend's house. she loved this and definitely ate half of every cookie she decorated.
- made a paper chain for the play room
- had "christmas pancakes" (just pancakes cut into the shape of a christmas tree and snowman with cookie cutters)
- made christmas cards for 3 of abbey's friends and delivered them with a special treat. abbey LOVED this. she loved taking the cards to their front doors/mailboxes. plus, i bought her a kid's hot chocolate at starbucks for the first time for the ride and she was pretty proud about her drink that looked like mommy's coffee.
- read a few passages from the JSB
i like that it is making me be more intentional with abbey during the day in making sure i take the time to sit with her and do something with her. i'm thinking about keeping some version of it around all year. my thought so far is having a jar with activities written on slips of paper inside and letting her pick one out a few times a week.