Sunday, April 8, 2012

i really feel like i have felt God making the realness of the cross and the meaning of Easter so close to my heart this year. all week long i have felt Him pulling my heart towards Him so that He could show me just a little more of what it is all really about. for that reason, and a few others, we skipped the Easter basket/bunny aspect of the holiday this year. i knew my mom would get the kids an Easter basket and i am 100% okay with that, but i didn't want to let my own heart get distracted with any of the extra stuff this year. it's something i'm prone to struggling with and i didn't want to risk letting my mind wander from the truth of the Gospel and gift of my salvation... and the price that it came at.


 "Now from the sixth hour[f] there was darkness over all the land[g] until the ninth hour.[h] 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is,“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” " matthew 27: 45-46


"And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb,
 but when they went in they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men stood by them in dazzling apparel. And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen." luke 24: 5-6

No comments: