Wednesday, March 9, 2011

wanted to share this from this website....

btw-that website is definitely one worth subscribing to.

"Are we really being guided as we thought? How do we know we're on the right track? Is there any such destination as the place we think we're going to? Here faith simply has to suspend judgment on what God is doing. Faith does not know why, but it knows why it trusts God who knows why. We do not trust God because he guides us; we trust God and then we are guided, which means that we can trust God even when we do not seem to be guided. Faith may be in the dark about guidance, but it is never in the dark about God. What God is doing may be a mystery, but who God is is not." Os Guinness, God in the Dark: The Assurance of Faith Beyond a Shadow of Doubt, p.176.

"Behold, I go forward, but he is not there,
and backward, but I do not perceive him;
on the left hand when he is working, I do not behold him;
he turns to the right hand, but I do not see him.
But he knows the way that I take;
when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.
My foot has held fast to his steps;
I have kept his way and have not turned aside."
Job 23:8-11

"Let him who walks in darkness and has no light trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God." Is. 50:10

No comments: