her party saturday turned out pretty well i suppose for a 1st birthday party. i mean really, how exciting can they be. we got some cute pictures though.
here are some things about our sweet girl at 12 months:
- 99.9% of the time abbey is the happiest little thing. it takes pretty much no effort to get her to laugh or smile. she has the cutest dimples and the most adorable grin.
- she talks non-stop-it may not sound like english but she has a lot to say. her new thing is saying "hi". she told the women behind us in the check-out line this morning "hi" about 12 times.
- she gives hugs now. it's so sweet. she has never wanted to be held much so we really love this. if you are laying down she will come over to you and lay her little head down on you. i can't get enough of it.
- still isn't walking or taking any steps and that's okay with us.
- her growth seems to be leveling out a little bit. she weighs 23.7lbs and is 31 inches long. that puts her in the 80th and 95th percentiles instead of the 95th and 100th percentiles where she's been hanging out for the past 12 months.
- her favorite foods are carrots, cheese, peaches and strawberries. these are probably her favorite foods because they are what i feed her the most.
- still napping and sleeping great. keeping our fingers crossed this continues for a long, long time.
- she LOVES music. she dances and claps her hands whenever she hears a song. her favorites are the "friends" theme song and a furniture commercial song. silly girl. she still LOVES gregg playing this guitar-that is a sure way to get her to dance and grin.