Here's the recipe in case you'd like to try them:
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
2 (8 oz) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar (combine about 1/2 cup sugar with 1 TBS cinnamon)
1) Using a 9×13 baking pan, unroll one package of refrigerated crescent rolls and line the bottom of the pan.
3) Mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and extract.
4) Spread over the crescent rolls.
5) Unroll the other can of crescent rolls and place on top of cream cheese mixture.
6) Pour one stick of melted butter or margarine over the top and sprinkle with about 1/2 cup of the cinnamon sugar mixture. (i only used 2 TBs of butter and that was plenty-a stick is WAY too much)
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
tomorrow morning we are babysitting our friend's 7 month old son everett and I'm really excited. i think gregg is a little concerned because he will be left alone with everett for about 30 mins while i go to my drs appt. i told him we would have everett from 8am to 12:30pm and he said "wow-that's a long time to have a baby-scary" really gregg?? 4.5 hrs is a long time to have a baby?? well get ready friend, because we just signed ourselves up for a lifetime of having a kid! he's just being silly ( i think)-he's actually not nearly as terrified of babies as he like to pretend to be. actually, i'd say he's definitely better with older kids (4 and up) than i am. they scare me but not gregg.
i'll let you know how our time with everett goes tomorrow.