Sunday, November 16, 2008

honestly, i have been feeling pretty down lately.

it comes and goes but seems to always be lurking above my head. i really believe i have been focusing on things that just are not that important in the eternal sense. this isn't the first time i've let myself get to this place. i so easily fall into the trap of looking to the right and left; looking at the things this world tells me i should be doing, purchasing and working towards rather than looking to the source of all life for my purpose and direction. i am sickened sometimes by how much i take for granted. it often isn't until i am given a glimpse of how hard and scary life is for some that i realize how incredibly blessed i truly am. it's so sad that it takes this for me to open my eyes and stop crying my selfish tears.

this morning in church we sang a song with these lyrics:

"forgive me Lord when i rely
on anything but Your hand in mine
all the vein things i held so high
i count them as loss

nothing compares to the greatness of knowing You..."

that is my prayer to God; to forgive me for trying to find my worth, purpose and future in these "vein things". i sometimes get so frustrated with myself for forgetting that nothing compares to the promise i have in Christ. nothing compares to the greatness of knowing Him and the freedom He purchased for me.

No comments: